This week, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis passed five pieces of new legislation into law to safeguard the state’s kids from dangerous leftist projects including mutilating surgeries, extreme gender ideologies in the classroom, and sexually graphic drag queen performances.
In a statement after his signature of the Let Kids Be Kids legislation package, DeSantis said that “Florida was proud to be leading the way in standing up on behalf of our children. As the world spirals out of control, Florida stands as a haven of reason and a bastion of normalcy.”
Sen. Bill (Sen. Bill) 254:
- Prohibits experimental puberty inhibitors and irreversible mutilating surgery on children.
- Adults having these procedures and hormones must be warned of the risks and their irreversible nature.
- Gives Florida courts the authority to intervene and suspend processes involving out-of-state children in an emergency situation.
- Gives people a method to seek compensation for harm or death brought on by experimental puberty blockers or mutilating operations performed on minors.
HB 1069, a House bill:
- Ensures that pupils are not required to disclose their pronouns in public. This measure also broadens parental rights in education by forbidding Pre-K through 8th-grade teachers from discussing gender identity and sexual orientation in the classroom.
- Safeguards kids from all kinds of sexually explicit performances. A juvenile cannot be purposefully allowed entry to an adult performance under this law. Additionally, if a hotel or restaurant admits a youngster to an adult performance, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation has the authority to penalize, suspend, or revoke the establishment’s operating or alcohol licenses.
- DeSantis also approved legislation requiring all public buildings to have gender-specific restrooms based on biological sex.
The most recent piece of legislation that DeSantis passed increases young people’s access to sports, safeguards First Amendment rights at high school athletic events, including the ability to pray during a game, and gives the state control over the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) so that women’s sports are protected.
One part of the news conference that became viral on the internet was when DeSantis criticized “the pronoun olympics.”
“Up until about two weeks ago, we had never done this in the history of humanity,” said DeSantis. “So they’re asking third graders to declare their pronouns for this? The Pronoun Olympics will not be held in Florida. It’s not taking place here.”
The new legislation was lauded by the commissioner of education, Manny Diaz, Jr., who said that they will “keep our pupils protected and the schools focused on learning rather than indoctrination.”
“Today’s measures make it crystal clear — teachers in Florida are required to teach according to our standards and not inject their own points of view or worldview into their classroom,” he said. “The department will continue to put its emphasis on teaching students the fundamentals rather than politically correct or incorrect themes.”
4 thoughts on “DeSantis Passes A New Law That Liberals Will Hate”
I am glad that DeSantis is doing something to dispute the Ahol Democrats. He needs to leave Disney alone If they fold a lot of people in Florida will be left in the street and without any work
I think Desantis is on the right track and there ought to be a lot more Governors need to do the same.
There needs to be a law saying anybody that brags about being left, need to be arrested and thrown in jail!!! Thank you
Desantis needs to cooly and calmly dispose of Trump in the primaries. Then Trump voters need to get their heads outta their asses and support Desantis in 2024.
Ask your idiot democRAT friends why they support this psychotic practices….