Polling that asked people how they felt about President Joe Biden’s advanced age shows that his age is a worry for Dems. Biden is 80 years old.
The study was done for Newsweek by Redfield & Wilton Strategies. It found that most Democrats were “concerned” about Joe’s ability to do his job now that he is old enough to be called a “octogenarian.”
Biden is the oldest U.S. president in history who is still in office. If he is re-elected in 2024 and spends a full term, he will be 86 years old when he leaves office in 2029.
Already, his physical and verbal slip-ups worry those who think he is not ready to run again next year.
The source says that exclusive polls found that most Biden voters were worried about the president’s age, but there was even more disagreement about whether or not the president’s age should stop him from running for office again.
Respondents to the Redfield & Wilton Strategies poll were told that the president is 80 years old, and they were asked:
“How worried are you, if at all, about President Biden’s ability to do his job, considering how old he is?”
Out of 609 Democrats asked, 21% said they were very worried, 23% said they were somewhat worried, and 31% said they were only a little worried, for a total of 75%.
22 percent said they didn’t care at all if Biden’s age affected his ability to do his job, and 3 percent said they “don’t know.”
Redfield & Wilton Strategies interviewed potential voters and found that 44 percent were worried that Biden’s age would affect his ability to do his job, 17 percent were pretty worried, and 21 percent were only a little worried. 14 percent said they didn’t care at all, and 3 percent said “don’t know.”
People were also asked how much they agreed or disagreed with the following statement:
“President Biden is too old to run for a second term as US President.”
Twenty percent of Dems said they strongly agree with that statement, and 22 percent said they agreed with it.
But 14% of Biden followers said they disagreed and 17% stated they strongly disagree, for a total of 31%. 24% said they neither agreed nor disagreed, and 2% said they “don’t know.”
43% of potential voters agreed strongly that Biden was too old to run for a second term, while 19% agreed with 18% neither agreeing nor objecting.
8 percent disagreed with the idea that he was too old, 9 percent of people strongly disagreed, and 3 percent said “don’t know.”